2/15/2006

eulogy

Will y'all join with me in mourning the loss of my favorite sweatshirt?

I first acquired this item while an undergrad at UCI (way back in the 80s). I spent a few of my hard-earned Zot-N-Go dollars on this heathered gray sewatshirt w/the UCI logo written in navy blue across the front. I wore it while I was pregnant w/ both kids, while riding on the ferry at Balboa, and toted it on trips to Colorado, Bakerfield, and Portland. It was a favorite accessory during the chilly fall & spring in Utah. When I was curled up reading a book, this sweatshirt was often the only thing that made me feel really comfortable. Every member of my family has borrowed it at one time or another and loved it about as much as I do.

But two weeks ago I accidentally left it in my garden and by the next morning it had disappeared. I put out a desperate notice to all my fellow gardeners to PLEASE return my favorite sweatshirt. But to no avail. I'm now starting to reconcile myself to my loss. But it's not easy. I miss it. I suppose I always will...

2 comments:

Brooke said...

I hereby mourn the loss of your shirt. You have inspired me to post something (this week) on my 200 things about getting attached to stuff.

Brooke said...

Sorry, the promised post is still a draft...