1/09/2006

those two things

There are two topics that I almost never mention on my blog. One is my life at school. The other is my life at church.

Perhaps I don't talk about these things much because they already take up so much of my life that I don't need a venue to discuss them. Perhaps I don't talk about them because I figure no one cares. Perhaps I don't talk about them just because I don't want to....

I'm not even sure myself.

But I'll break my silence and briefly mention that UCI started again this week. And I'm actually looking forward to this quarter--the Fall was a tough 3 months and I got pretty burned out on the whole getting-a-PhD-project. I forgot that I'm supposed to be having fun :)

But I'm back in the saddle now and looking forward to classes, teaching, and above all, research (writing this sitting in my little 5th floor office overlooking Aldrich Park with a stack of primary documents on my desk. There's nothing like getting up early in the morning and cracking the spine on a hundred year-old book to get the endorphins flowing....).

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Classes started this week for me too--I would have loved another week to decompress and prepare for the semester, but they didn't ask me. I hope your term goes really well--enjoy those old books!