9/18/2005

score

Went to the Costa Mesa Goodwill with the family on Friday night. Probably a weird way to spend a weekend evening. But we're just weird that way I guess.

Funny we ran into another Turtle Rock Mom there--we both admitted that the Goodwill was the last place she expected to see Irvine folk. We both compared our 'scores'--what fun. My two treasures: A Brand-new-in-the-box Le Creuset-style crockpot (complete w/French instructions and cookbook). And a like-new brightly-colored wool coat (which I wore to the symphony last night and it kept me perfectly warm). It'll match the funky scarf that I crocheted last year. I think it might be just the thing for me to wear to China in November, too. Oh, and I also got a cute spring dress for $3 (sort of 50's style w/an A-line skirt).

John got me an awesome made-in-Italy pocketbook. It's so beautiful I'll have to find an appropriate outfit to wear with it. He also scored some brown cords (his favorite style of pants). He wore them yesterday, too, and is already on his way to walking the backs of the hems threadbare.

All in all we spent about as much $$ as at Taco Mesa for dinner [and isn't it so handy that Taco Mesa is right across the street from the goodwill?!].
:)

No comments: