9/08/2005

$$$

So the first day of school went great. The kids came home full of stories and were so happy to have been reunited with friends.

So...now is the hard part. The part where I fill out 17 different forms for each child (all with same mundane information--where are database geeks when you really need them?? John, HELP! Calgon, take me away....). And I also pull out the checkbook and start writing. Checks for PTA, checks for workbooks, for field trips, for class holiday parties, for science teachers and PE teachers. And for music (and E has just announced that she wants to play the cello like her big brother, oh my!). I've been putting off the inevitable all afternoon. Avoiding the process and playing on my computer.

Now E is hanging over my shoulder and begging me PUH-LEASE to do the forms because if I don't then she will get a pink slip and that would be like the end of the world on the first day of school, and armaggedon will happen right here in my living room if I don't get those forms done RIGHT NOW! ARGH.....

No comments: