3/24/2006

Just what I needed this morning....

Yah, a long week at our house. It's finals week at UCI and we've had papers to grade and deadlines to meet and busy kids Oh, and I must tell you E was crowned with the title of 'Master Artist' this week by our elementary school district. Her duties will include a presentation before the school board and the city council. And she says it's okay if her class didn't kowtow to her (as we did when we learned of her new title), instead they clapped...

But back to this morning. I was busily getting dressed in our bedroom and John was headed into the shower. He was completely naked and singing along with the "Jesus Christ Superstar" songs that were playing over the speakers under our bed. He was gently swinging his hips, eyes half-closed as he sang the refrain from Simon the Zealot's song:

Jesus I am with you.
Touch me, touch me, Jesus.
Jesus I am on your side.
Kiss me, kiss me, Jesus.

It was both touching and hilariously funny and even a little ridiculous. It was so John--all vulnerable and yet totally living in the moment, surrendering to the music. Totally un-selfconscious. Lovely....

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

So cool to realize you guys have what sounds like a great, fun marriage and a wonderful (clearly talented) family.